Barrow Sixth Form College achieved the best A level results in the Furness, Copeland and Ulverston district area in 2016 with a 99.1 per cent pass rate.
- The number of A*A and B grades was also the highest with 50 per cent of students achieving this and 20 per cent getting A* and A.
- Sixth formers who studied their A levels at Rating Lane made better progress from GCSEs than at any other college in South Cumbria, according to the Government’s performance tables. Its rating of +0.18 was significantly above the national average.
- The progress students make at college places it in the top 25% of A level providers nationally.
We are delighted you are applying to study at Barrow Sixth Form College where we are committed to helping you on your next step to success – whether it’s a university place, sought-after apprenticeship or a rewarding career.
You can apply online via the button to the right. We advise you to submit your application as soon as possible so you can:
- Have an early interview with one of our link tutors;
- Receive updates on what is happening at Barrow Sixth Form;
- Secure a place at our Spring into Sixth Form taster event;
- Ensure you don’t miss out – applications are coming in fast.
We advise you to complete applications as soon as possible to ensure your subject choices are available. Our initial deadline for applications is February 12th 2017 however we will continue to accept online applications. It’s never too late to apply.
Three important tips for applicants
- Please choose up to 4 subjects you are interested in. From September 2017 students will study 3 subjects. Your Link Tutor, at interview, will help you to make final decisions.
- Please remember to click submit once complete
- You can complete a paper application form if you prefer, these can be found in the back of your prospectus or you can request one by phone on 01229 828377
We look forward to receiving your application and a member of our team will be in touch to organise a meeting so we can help you choose a tailored programme of study.
Applicants from local partner schools
Beginning in Year 10, a number of events are held which are designed to help you choose an appropriate programme of study.
For study in September 2017